Find out what type of interior style is for you. I suggest make a note about what you like what you don't so that you determine exactly what is it you like. And don't forget the colours.
· Highlights of past eras and design movements, is not exclusive to one particular style or era.
· It’s a timeless go-to style.
· It is elegant and comforting at the same time.
· It is for those who appreciate antiques, classic art, symmetry, and design rich with history. Traditional style boasts a rich, warm and inviting feel.
· The design style appeals to all ages and personalities.
· Furnishings are usually 18th-century English, 19th-century neoclassic, French country and British Colonial revival. Use of classic styling and symmetry to create a calm, orderly decor.
· Color palette is usually in the mid-tones and fabrics are muted, usually simple florals, solids, stripes or plaids.
MID CENTURY- MODERN DESIGN DEFINED
· Timeless, forever-chic design
· Characterized by simplicity, functionality and natural shapes.
· All about clean straight lines, and playful pops of color and print
· Pops of deep colors such as orange, yellow, olive green and chocolate brown add to decor.
· Mid century modern design is great for those looking to add authentic vintage styling in their home.
· The perfect mid century modern house boasts charming decor and also features practical, durable, easy to source at any price design – that’s easy on the eye.
· All about clean lines, simplicity, practicality, and sumptuous silhouettes.
· The era also allows for more freedom and is less restricting than say minimalism or traditional interior design.
· Adds a sense of warmth, personality, and character with a hint of minimalism
· A relaxed spirit that’s warm and inviting
· Modern farmhouse decorating is rooted in rustic country charm peppered with warm minimalism and industrial elements somewhat similar to Scandinavian interior design.
· Modern farmhouse décor always focuses on functionality and usage as a major point of consideration.
· Contemporary decorating style is classic yet thoroughly of the moment and timeless
· Calming and serene, and is peppered with a focus on architectural elements, decorative details, attention to bold scales, and a concise color palette to create a warm space with easy sophistication.
· Simplicity, clean lines, plays on texture, and quiet drama are fundamental in achieving a perfectly balanced contemporary style home.
· For those looking to create a simple yet thoroughly realized harmony between varying elements while focusing on the architectural elements of a room.
· to bringing a room together through luxurious simplicity
ART DECO STYLE
· If your taste veers towards the ornate and jewel-like, this 1920’s design style IS FOR YOU.
· Instantly evokes opulence; elegant, glamorous and sleek
· Geometry, symmetry, and metallics with a sleek and shiny patina providing the most sumptuous of excess.
· My take on updated art deco style is decidedly playful and modern for a standout look
· Plenty of metallics are present in this style; from gold to silver, stainless steel, and chrome.
Natural and geometric themes feature heavily in art deco interior design ideas
· A rich and heady space full of visual interest and a relaxed spirit.
· Harmonious and soothing with neutral base colours.
· Layering similar patterns
· All about well-loved pieces
· Bright Colours
Transitional style refers to a mix of traditional and modern furnishings, fabrications, and decorative features that lend you more freedom
Transitional style is great for those who aren’t interested in locking the aesthetics of their home interior design down to one set era or design style.
In general, transitional decorating style tends to often be easier as you can be as expressive as you like while creating a home that’s representative of your tastes and completely unique to you as no transitional home will ever look the same.
Transitional home decor is all about a rich balance of design styles and elements brought together by classic lines juxtaposed with hues and furnishings that are more modern in spirit
Full of no-fuss, clean elegance.
Think simplicity, refinement, and a deft hand at sumptuous comfort and functionality.
The key here is to keep rooms spare and well-edited with printless fabrications and décor extras that must serve a dual purpose.
Minimalist decor and practices almost never go out of style when done well.
Minimalist room ideas are great for making small spaces appear larger.
REDIFINED RUSTIC DECOR
· Rustic decor provides the perfect combination of comforting, fuss-free design and practical, functional decor, put together to create a warm rustic interior.
· Celebrating the authentic beauty of natural materials to create a cozy, beautiful space.
· If you’re into rich, layered interior design highlighting a series of era’s and movements, eclectic style interior design might just be the right direction to consider for your home.
· Eclectic style is all about harmony and the coming together of disparate styles, juxtaposing textures, and contrasting colors to create a cohesive, beautifully realized room.
· All about presenting your personality in a room.
· Play with patterns, textures and a gallery wall
· Mix and match different furniture styles
· Have a statement object
· Needs to be created carefully-gets messy
TRANQUIL ASIAN ZEN STYLE
· It is minimal yet uniquely layered.
· It should be visually balanced, with plenty of floor space promoting calm and peace.
· Color palette shouldn’t compete for attention or be a distraction from calmness.
· Use of light, natural materials and clean lines are paramount in Asian Zen décor
· Industrial style decor marries sleek modernity and old world charm with an organic, lived in feel to create the perfect play of contrasts.
· Frill and fuss-free no-nonsense decor that takes inspiration from the lofty look of warehouses, factories, and other industrial structures.
· Exposing architectural details including the use of bare bricks, metals, and wood, as well as salvaged and recycled materials
· Simple and minimal design with bold statements.
· Breezy, airy, and relaxed yet sophisticated.
· Coastal style is perfect if you like clutter-free surfaces, nautical-inspired flourishes, and enjoy natural finishes.
· White, blue, gold, natural tones, and of course, stripes, are hallmarks of coastal style and are utilized to create a calm and relaxed space.
· Coastal style is elegant, refined, and quirky all at once.
· Fuss-free, light, and airy rooms